DUI Driver’s License and Permit Information
Saseen Bonding is not responsible for the DUI information provided below. All information was obtained from the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) and is for reference only. Please visit the Georgia DDS website https://dds.georgia.gov for the most updated information.
DUI Driver’s License Reinstatement Information
Anyone age twenty-one (21) or older convicted of driving under the influence, DUI, in the State of Georgia is subject to a suspension or revocation of his/her driver’s license or non-resident driving privilege for a period of 120 days to five (5) years depending upon the prior driving record.
Limited Driver’s Permit
In some situations, limited driving permit may be available for a fee ($150) during the suspension period. A limited driving permit will restrict the places and purpose that you are allowed to drive such as:
- Driving to your place of employment to perform the normal duties of your occupation.
- Receiving scheduled medical attention or obtain prescribed drugs.
- College or school attendance in which you are enrolled as a student.
- Regularly scheduled sessions or meeting of support organizations for the treatment of alcohol or other drugs.
- Attending a driver education program or alcohol/drug assessment and treatment program.
- Attend court, report to community supervision or probation, or to perform community service.
- Transport unlicensed immediate family members to obtain medical care or prescriptions, to work, or to school.
- DDS may also specify the places you can travel to, specific routes of travel, times of travel, and indicate vehicles, or other restrictions deemed necessary. Limited driving permits are not valid for driving a commercial vehicle.
A limited driving permit will be revoked by DDS if you are convicted of violating any state law or local ordinance relating to the movement of vehicles, violating any of the conditions or restrictions of your permit, or if another suspension is imposed.
All requests for permits must be mailed to the Georgia DDS:
Department of Driver Services Post Office Box 80447 Conyers, Georgia 30013